NaNoWriMo 2007 - Day 20

Word count: 31,700 (31,751 validated)
Target word count: 33,340
Days to go: 10

Gah.

I was behind yesterday, and I knew that. I didn't go to bed until it was like 01:45 because I was busy writing and it was flowing pretty okay. Wrote 2904 words last night... and I wrote it down on the wrong date in my notebook. I was really happy about it too, because I had gone from a 1023 word deficit to a 209 lead. Until I tonight realised that I had missed to write on one night, so instead, I had put down day 19's word count on day 18, where the target was 30,006 words. Those 209 words I was ahead was in fact a 1458 deficit. D'OH!!

Didn't get around to write that much at work, so I'm finishing tonight with a 1640 deficit. :( But hopefully, I'll be able to write loads next week, as I should be free again then.

It's just a lot easier to write about a lighthearted conversation with a stone than it is to write about a more serious conversation with a water spirit. Sigh. Hopefully I'll have more time to write tomorrow.

Comments