New windows

No, I'm not talking about Vista. I mean windows, as in the things attached to your house. Ours were falling apart, so we've got them fixed now. Shiny new uPVC things, like everyone else seem to have these days.

To the left is the before picture. I haven't taken any "after" pictures, but rest assured they look a lot better now. Well insulated, so keeps noise from the road down, it looks nice and clean... Daisy even decided to use the cat flap to go out into the garden in the end. Her first reaction to it when I said she could use it, as it's her own door, was "I'm not some animal!" kind of thing (she's also not some animal when it comes to use her scratching post - carpets are fine, however).

Speaking of cat flap, we got one that uses a magnet to open. Err. At least according to the box and instruction manual. It opens fine to go out, but coming back in, there's a little catch that won't come down, even when the magnet is around... which is a bit pants. I'll have to call the manufacturer and ask what's up with it. I can just tape over it so it's always down, but on the other hand, that means there's no point in having the magnetic version, because the locking mechanism is gone. Sigh. Should've gone for the IR one or the one without that kind of security feature. Not like we have any other cats in the garden anyway. Except for Lilly next door, but she's only been to visit when they just moved in. I'd say next door would have to be more worried about Daisy popping in for a visit there than the other way around! ;) She's popped over a few times, especially if their back door is open.

When the house next door had another owner, who also had a black cat, Daisy would spend a lot of time there. She could be sound asleep on our neighbour's bed, with Sweetpea on the windowsil being a bit grumpy. Funny thing was, Sweetpea was a few years older than Daisy, but that didn't seem to matter. Sleeping on a bed that by right would be Sweetpea's... I've got one word for that. "PWNED!" Lilly (or possibly "Lily") is some years younger than Daisy, so maybe that's why she won't come visit anymore. Well, for all that I know, they might be total pals when they meet each other outside. Who knows? I doubt Daisy would tell me, at least if it's a secret between the two of them.

DHL picked up the camera yesterday as well. See if I get it back this week, and see if it's fixed or not. If it needs another repair, I guess I'm entitled to a replacement. :B

Comments