I'm meant to touch myself?

Last week, I was given a book about a Japanese health practice called Jin Shin Jyutsu (or Jin Shin Fee, written by Felicitas Waldeck), which is about how there are energy lines running through your body and energy centres and they need to be balanced, or you will feel unwell.

Sort of like acupuncture and reflexology but without needles or pressing. You just hold your hands over the energy points, which completes the circuit, so to speak.


The easiest thing to do is to hold your fingers. Start with e.g. the thumb on one hand, gently gripping it with the other hand. Hold it for 2-3 minutes, then switch to the next finger. Repeat until all ten have had a go. It's meant to balance your body's energy systems and make you feel better.

Too early to know yet, but I'll try it and see what happens. It's easy and can be done while watching telly or trying to sleep. Even if it doesn't work, there's no harm in having tried. I did it earlier in the car, using a clock for timing, and I should point out I wasn't driving at the time, I was a passenger! Last night, I tried it in the bath (counting to 120) and got about halfway through before I realised I kept losing count and dozing off.

It's very relaxing and meditative, at any rate, so if you have issues falling asleep, why not hold a finger and counting to 120 (you may need to increase the "120" if you count quicker than one a second, or if you want a longer time per finger)? It might help you relax and fall asleep and could well also make you feel better in general. There's no harm in trying, and of course, it's free! I'll see how I get on. If it improves my health, I'm all for it!

Comments