Blah

I haven't written anything in ages, so quick update:
* I have passed all ACT2 assessments, and have sent off to get insurance so I can start working professionally. Yay! :D
* My camera was replaced with a manufacturer refurbished S5600, next model up from S5500, and as far as I can tell, it's working like it should. :)
* We have finally managed to get hold of a Wii! :)
* I got my provisional drivers license and have started taking driving lessons. :)

And here's a story I got through the Sam Neill Mailing List shortly after Steve Irwin died. I thought I'd put it here, because I thought it was very moving. Makes me cry every time. I don't know who wrote it, though, so kudos to whoever it was!


An Interesting Day at the Rainbow Bridge

Rainbow Bridge is a place of both peace and anticipation as departed pets await their beloved owners. There are plenty of things to keep them contented while they wait: trees you can't get stuck in, endless meadows, splashing streams, thickets perfect to hide in for pounce-attack games. But one day the residents noticed some rather...unusual newcomers arrive. The koalas and the kangaroos slipped in rather quietly, but then came the bearded dragons, the skinks and the goannas. The influx of snakes startled an entire family of cats up a tree. Pythons, cobras, tiger snakes, brown snakes and even fierce snakes. There were so many at one point, it seemed the ground itself was alive with writhing. A burly wombat shouldered his way through the crowd and plopped down in a shady spot, barely missing a Jack Russell terrier who yapped indignantly as he abandoned his position. And then the crocodiles showed up. Finally, a Great Dane managed to get up enough nerve to approach one of the reptilian giants.

"Um....excuse me," he said hesitantly. "But, why are you all here?"

The croc dropped her jaw and laughed. "Same as you, mate," she said. "Waitin' for someone who loved us."

The dogs, cats, gerbils and other "typical pets" looked at each other in confusion, then at the plethora of weird, ugly and downright deadly creatures assembled. Who on Earth could possibly love some of those faces?

"I see him!" shouted a green mamba from his vantage point in one of the trees. A cacophony of squeeks, hisses, bellows and roars erupted as the mob surged forward toward a lone human walking across the field toward the bridge. The other animals managed to catch a glimpse of him before he was overwhelmed by the crowd.

"CRIKEY!" he shouted joyously right before he was bowled over by the wombat.

"Well I'll be," said a Persian as she tidied up her fur. "It's that Aussie my human liked to watch on TV. Had to be the craziest human on the whole planet."

"Oh, please," remarked a echidna as he hurried by. "Is it really that crazy to passionately love something God made?"

"No, it's not," they heard a voice say from their crowd. "You see, I, too, was with him, at his side, as he caught the crocs, the snakes, and the spiders and spoke on the importance they have in life. For you see, I am his mate, his dog Sui. To you ordinary animals he may seem crazy, but to me he is simply known as a Best Friend."

And with that comment, as the animals looked on with surprise, she ran barking, clearing a path to him, and jumped in his arms, licking his face as he cried, "Sui, my mate, my friend. How I've missed you so."

And with that, they all crossed the Rainbow Bridge together.

Comments